If you find one, two or several cockroach in your house, it is time to do something urgently. These insects are disgusting and are the cause of many diseases and allergies. After living in the trash they move to your home, imagine what that implies. Exterminate cockroaches must be essential in every home.
Cockroaches are involved in the propagation of 33 types of batteries, 7 of pathogens, Escherichia coli and salmonella. They also transmit six types of parasites. And they do it not just with the legs, their whole body is impregnated with these bacteria and parasites.
The World Health Organization has reported that cockroaches can cause:
-Pests and dangerous viruses
In addition, its simple presence can cause asthma attacks, urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal problems, and typhus. The feces and dead bodies of these insects cause serious allergies in people.
In places where cleaning is rare, the grime of cockroaches can remain for up to five years. That is why it is vital to know how to disinfect and clean these areas and the whole house in general.
Exterminate cockroaches immune to certain chemicals
There are hundreds of products on the market that end with this plague. The problem with them is that they contain chemicals harmful to humans. In addition, cockroaches evolve constantly, becoming immune to many of the products. In addition, these insects manage to avoid the traps that you place for the smell. Many people have noticed this and become desperate because they feel they can not do anything to exterminate cockroaches.
However, being a nuisance for so many years, certain aspects of these animals that you could use in your favor have come to light. For example, they are very attracted to humidity, heat, and food. If you manage to get rid of certain water bottles and keep food waste tightly closed, they will leave your home.
On the other hand, there are certain factors that can be responsible for the spread of these insects in your home. If you live in an apartment, we tell you that it is easier to find them here. They move from one dwelling to the other more easily than in isolated houses.
Different forms free of chemicals to kill cockroaches
1. Seal the walls: cracks in walls and cabinets is the perfect hiding place for cockroaches. Try to seal them frequently and avoid bringing things that you keep in the cabinets that attract them. Food wraps in the pockets of your jackets, for example. This will save you a lot of long-term time.
2. Disinfect the walls: sometimes, although what we want is to disinfect the surfaces where the cockroaches have frequented, we do not do it correctly. So they will continue to be full of bacteria and viruses. One way that will ensure you eliminate the dirt from cockroaches is to mix baking soda with soap and water:
-Use latex gloves, to avoid getting contaminated.
-Dip a microfiber cloth in the mixture and clean the walls.
-Repeat this as many times as necessary. You must go cleaning the cloth.
-Try not to soak the walls , you could damage the paint.
-Then change the microfiber cloth to a clean, damp cloth and do another cleaning.
3. Essential oils that are toxic to cockroaches: peppermint oil, rosemary, washing, thyme and clove cause some toxicity in these insects. Cotton in the areas that most frequent and change them every three days. This way you will be able to exterminate cockroaches with ease.
4. Homemade trap with baking soda and sugar: mix two equal parts of baking soda and sugar. Then place small piles in corners and near where you think there are nests. The cockroaches attracted by the sugar will eat the bicarbonate, act with the acid in their stomachs and kill them.
Borax balls: an effective and safe method for humans
It is a recipe where you use boric acid powder, safe for humans and some pets. But that manages to exterminate cockroaches successfully. This substance damages the skeleton of the insect, dehydrating it. It starts working 24 to 72 hours after using it. It is a process that lasts between 3 to 4 weeks. You will need the following materials:
-A raw egg yolk
-From 30 to 50 grams of boric acid powder or borax.
-Several latex gloves.
-Mix the yolk with the acid very well.
-Put on a pair of gloves.
-Make small round balls of the mixture about 1cm in diameter.
-Let them dry for one hour. They will be ready to use.
It is important that you know that to work more effectively you must take the following measures:
1. Make sure the cockroaches do not have access to any food. Clean the kitchen constantly for better precaution.
2. Avoid having any damaged gas or water pipes, where cockroaches are attracted.
3. Make sure your pipes are insulated with water to avoid humidity around them.
4. Watch out! If you have pets, try not to ingest them, they can get intoxicated and you would have a hard time.
Focusing on the best place where you can place borax balls, you should think in a practical and creative way. You will want to put them in places where the cockroaches will go directly to try them. For you to know the precise location check at night.
Turn off the lights for two hours. Then very carefully approach where you suspect you frequent and turn on the light quickly. Observe where they run and where they were most concentrated. This will give you an idea of the places where the borax balls will be most effective.
Follow these recommendations
Another thing that can help you, is that strange and unpleasant smell that emanates when they are in large groups. Place the balls in these places to exterminate cockroaches more quickly.
As we have already told you, they love being close to food and water. It is possible that their nests are a few meters from these places. Do not forget to place the balls near or inside screams, walls, doors, and furniture. Check kitchen appliances frequently. As they are hot they feel safe there.